Basics of Volunteer Management
This workshop, which can be presented in
either three or four day formats, is conducted by two of
the world’s leading authors and trainers in the field
of volunteer management. The seminar is a
comprehensive, skill-building experience that prepares
participants to succeed in all aspects
of managing a volunteer program within an organization.
Who Should Attend
The content is aimed at people new to the
field and people who would like to enhance and deepen
their skills in managing a volunteer program. Both
new and experienced people will gain valuable insights
into what makes a volunteer program a success.
What You’ll Learn
Participants will learn the gain insight into
the basics of what makes people want to volunteer, how
to attract them, and how to keep them involved.
Participants will master the six major skills in
managing a volunteer program.
Sample Topics Covered
- Trends in the field and their implications for
today’s volunteer program manager;
- How to design motivating jobs for volunteers;
- Three methods of volunteer recruitment and when to
- The biggest difference between managing volunteers
and paid people;
- How to prepare volunteers for success;
- Making volunteers feel like part of the team;
- Dealing with difficult volunteers;
- How to reward volunteers;
- Four styles of supervising volunteer and when to use eachs;
- Evaluating your volunteer program;
- Gaining staff support for the volunteer program.
- Case studies of real volunteer management situations;
- Opportunities to practice the skills taught
in the workshop;
- Free telephone or e-mail assistance after the class.