Advanced Volunteer Management
This workshop, which can be presented in either three or four day
formats, is intended for those who have been to a basic course in
volunteer management and want to develop advanced skills. The
workshop is conducted by two to four of the world’s leading authors
and trainers in the field of volunteer management. The seminar is a
comprehensive, skill-building experience that prepares participants
to bring out the full value of their volunteer programs.
Who Should Attend
The content is aimed at people with some experience in the field
and people who would like to enhance and deepen their skills in
managing a volunteer program. Participants should have attended a
basic volunteer management course and have some experience in
running a volunteer program.
What You’ll Learn
In this workshop, participants will learn skills in leadership,
as opposed to management of volunteer programs. They will also
examine how the field of volunteer management is changing and how,
accordingly, to modifiy basic strategies of recruitment, job design,
retention, and placement.
Sample Topics Covered
- Trends in the field and their implications for today’s volunteer
- Using The Language of Leadership to motivate volunteers;
- Developing a strategic vision of volunteer involvement;
- How to stay optimistic, and keep your volunteers optimistic,
when adversity strikes;
- How to prepare volunteers for success;
- Four customer service principles that apply to the management of
- Five ways episodic volunteers are different and how involve
- Identifying your leadership style;
- Gaining top management support for the volunteer program.
- Case studies of real volunteer management situations;
- Opportunities to learn from others with experience in managing
- Opportunities to practice the skills taught in
- Free telephone or e-mail assistance after the class.