The Language of Leadership
Leaders are people who have followings. Leadership, then, consists of a variety of skills that influence others to follow. This influence comes largely from a leader's communication. Leaders communicate in ways that less influential people do not. This workshop builds participants' abilities to influence others.
Who should attend
The course was designed for those in management or supervisory positions. However, since leadership is played at all levels of an organization, this workshop is for anyone who wants to increase his or her leadership skills.
What you'll learn
Based on recent, proprietary research, the workshop identifies seven ways in which the language leaders use encourages commitment in their people. Through a number of interactive exercises, participants master skills in these seven areas so that they can lead others effectively. In using these seven skills leaders are able to communicate more in a more positive, optimistic, and empowering manner and so encourage commitment and self-confidence.
Sample topics covered
Using Positive Language
- The connection between language and attitude
- The freeing effects of positive language
- Practical tips to avoid creating resistance
- What to say when things go wrong
- Focusing people on what they can control
- Two ways in which leaders explain things differently than others
- How to encourage others to accept responsibility
- Words that make people feel effective
- Powerful questions that bring out the best in others
- Opportunities to practice all seven skills
- Practical ways to enhance leadership ability
- Free follow-up